I got back into the kitchen tonight, [I mean, I never really left…], and have another great recipe to share! We’ve kept on the healthy train & I’ve chugged away at finding new recipes. I took this recipe from the skinny taste website & adapted it a bit for mine and Tony’s taste buds, [I took out the rosemary – bleh, and didn’t add the bacon – remember healthy! – or avocado – mine weren’t ripe]. Enjoy!!
dill chicken salad with tomato + mustard vinaigrette
Gather the following ingredients:
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the salad:
- 2 boneless, trimmed skinless chicken thighs (4 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 3 – 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
1.To make the mustard vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk the ingredients and set aside. You will have to whisk again before serving.
2. Season chicken with salt and dill, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
3. Make a bed of the romaine and arugula in a large serving bowl or platter (or divide between 2 plates). Scatter the cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
4. With pinch of salt and slice the chicken thighs and add to the salad.
5. Whisk vinaigrette again, and pour over the salad and serve right away.