Goodbye 2015, hello 2016!
2015 brought another year of healthy scans, trips with Tony, best friends’ weddings, & so much more. As always, I try to reflect and learn something each year; mission accomplished in 2015.
Looking back at this post, 2015 was for kaylee. It was to get in the best shape as possible, both physically and mentally, in preparation for this coming spring [April 2016], when I was to get off of chemo, & hopefully get pregnant and start a family.
How the tables have turned..
As I’m looking at another couple years of taking chemotherapy, my reflections, lessons, and goals have changed a bit, & guess what? I’m just fine with it..
- Love still wins. Tony is still my rock & my sounding board; my heart. He still brings me down to realty when I start to drift to the clouds. He wipes my tears when I have my rough days & reminds me that I’m still here, still living and breathing. && most importantly, he always, always, always, always, makes me laugh.
- Friendships take work. Near and far, they take work. I’ve learned if I want people & certain friends in my life, it takes time, effort, & more, & I need to put those things towards those friendships. This is NOT a negative, it is a positive, because getting older has made me realize exactly who these people are & how they make my life so much more complete.
- My cellphone can stay in my purse. Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter, [I don’t even know how to tweet], can wait. Social media doesn’t need to know my every move, nor do I need to constantly compare my house with Joanna Gaines, [but, omg, it’s amazing & I love her]. I’ve learned I need to live in the present, not to stare at an iphone screen.
- Money doesn’t buy ___________. Fill in the blank yourself. I have learned money doesn’t buy happiness, time, confidence, etc… The list could go on. I don’t need new clothes to feel better about myself. I don’t need to continually buy new planners so I actually stick to daily goals, [I do really love the new Day Designer planner coming out on Wednesday – but I WILL NOT buy it…. hopefully]. There are many other ways to get what I want, which doesn’t involve spending cash!
- Dogs are the best. Yes, Ace is still my favorite little guy & he always will be, plain and simple.
A goal for 2016?
Be happy with my wonderful life. I have it pretty good.
Off to lesson plan, reallllllllly dreading a Monday back at school after break, bleh.
xo my kitty cats