by the time I’m 32..
2. be a mom (to a child, not just my vizsla baby)
3. relearn Spanish
4. run a half marathon
5. see a concert at Red Rocks
6. advance Ace to a level two therapy dog.
7. complete a house remodel
8. plan and enjoy my ‘no more chemo’ trip
9. write more – blogging, for pleasure, etc…
10. organize GIST awareness fundraiser
by the time I’m 31….
1. be a mom (to a child, not just my vizsla baby)
2. run a half marathon/10K/etc.. every year (that’s at least five!)
- 1st 13k: Surly Trail Run – September 20th, 2014.
- 5k: Jingle Bell Run in Duluth – December 5th, 2015.
- 15k: Hot Chocolate Run in Minneapolis with my bestest friends – April 16th, 2016.
3. complete a final draft of written work
4. move all the way to the ‘right’ on the pay scale! More classes – here I come!
5. learn a new language
develop a beautiful blog (with followers, hopefully!) (Check & check!)
become a pro at ‘eating clean’ (YUP! Check out my greens tab! We’ve grown into quite the leafy green eaters.) 8. travel out of the country – twice! (April 2015: Puerto Rico & May 2015: Mexico! I’m hoping to add more to this over the next two years)
9. get a second tattoo (June 2016 – Enjoy; written in my grandma’s handwriting)
10. plan a surprise party for someone (2.6.2016 – Surprise 30th birthday trip to Vegas for Tony and five friends!)
11. concert bucket list:
Bon Iver, Coldplay, Mumford and Sons, Adele, Beyonce, & BON IVER & hopefully see ONE of these groups at Red Rocks in my lifetime.
- (7.18.15: Bon Iver – check. More then words can describe)
- (April 2016 – Tony and I saw Mumford & Sons in St. Paul. They were absolutely amazing!)
- (May 2016 – Beyonce toured and entertained myself and my best girlfriends at an outdoor venue. She was unbelievable!)
- (July 2016 – Adele was absolutely amazing. I had goosebumps during her entire concert!)
- (August 2017 – Coldplay was unreal. The show they put on had Tony & I memorized)
12. write – more for pleasure, for a website, publisher, etc.. NEW DREAM. I WILL make it happen
by the time I’m 30….
1. furnish thinking room; I AM doing this! (March 2016 – I bought a table, a couple new chairs, chair slipcovers, and priced out matching our hardwood. I’m well on my way to being completely done this summer!)
write, write write & be recognized (July 2016 – published article on IHadCancer.com as a featured blogger – goal accomplished, but I’m wanting more now!)
3. relearn Spanish
a second & third tattoo
- (June 2016 – Enjoy in my grandma’s handwriting. A great reminder to simply enjoy life & to have a piece of her with me forever. My mom’s first comment: “Yep, that’s for sure her E.”)
- (July 2016 – A cityscape on my inner arm; to remember an amazing weekend with my best friends)
host a couple dinner parties (Fall 2016/Winter 2017 – I haven’t hosted many, but definitely hosted a couple in our new dining room 🙂 )
have a consistent work out routine (Uh-huh, Tony helped with some simple, yet VERY effective workout routines to complete in our home gym in the basement – one word, ouch. My muscles always hurt.) 7. plan a date night with Tony every month, or at least attempt something new each month together 8. attend a concert-bucket-lister (April 21 – Tony & I saw Mumford and Sons in concert. It was amazing; they are even more amazing live than I ever imagined.) 9. complete a house remodel of some kind (August 2016 – Wasn’t quite a ‘remodel’ but I definitely spruced up the lower bath with my own shiplap walls!)
10. advance Ace to a level two therapy dog.
by the time I’m 29….
1. get a tattoo (3.20.2015: done & in love with the result!)
2. furnish ‘thinking room’ 3. vacation with tony – just the two of us
- (11.28-11.30: Chicago Trip! I’m hoping to add one more trip to this list by the time I’m 29!)
- (4.15.2015: Puerto Rico with my love!)
4. save for & buy a nice camera (10.2.2014: New camera – check! Early Christmas present to me :)) 5. take salsa dancing classes with Tony 🙂 (September 10th, 2016: Tony surprised me with salsa dancing classes for my 30th birthday!)
6. learn the basics of the Spanish language
7. continue developing ideas for written work (6.11.2015: check! I wrote a children’s book for a friend’s daughter, based on her first year of experiences. I’m thinking this may be JUST what I have been looking for!)
8. grow nice nails – yes, this is back. (July, 2015: check! Sigh.. I have a feeling this will still be back at a later date) 9. expand my knowledge in diy projects/techniques (7.21.2015 & 7.28.2015: check & check! Some new projects will be posted shortly. I refinished our oak table & I’m currently in the process of refinishing a new buffet for our kitchen! 🙂 I can’t wait to post about these projects!)
10. get a new car (8.5.2015: New Jeep Wrangler, Willy – check! It’s so much fun to drive!)
by the time I’m 28….
1. decorate the office – no more football memorabilia, sorry tony. (9.14.14: The new desk was put together and a piece of furniture from upstairs was brought downstairs. Just the beginnings, but it’s on it’s way!) 2. pay off all credit card debt (okay, I don’t have a problem, it’s just a goal I’m working on :)) (8.4.14: Done & Done! Pottery Barn – CHECK, Gap – CHECK!)
3. save for, (& buy!) a new computer (6.20.14: I’m currently typing on my anniversary gift – a new Mac Book Air! I’m in love!) 4. grow nice nails – no more biting! (6.1.14: I have definitely accomplished this! My nails are strong, pretty, and I no longer have nasty hang nails!!)
5. decorate & furnish the ‘front’ room (I don’t think this one will be happening. It may need to move to my next checklist of ‘By the time I’m 28.5’)
6. complete a FULL notebook of story inspirations (9.10.14: Notebook is complete! On to rough idea webs!) 7. learn how to take better pictures (8.7.14: I have mastered this art. I have taken my time with focusing on the subject I’m shooting, picked better filters, and have tried different angles. My next step – getting a better camera!) 8. teach ace a new trick (6.19.14: Ace is enrolled in a obedience class – there are many new tricks and commands we have learned!) 9. get a tattoo 10. find Tony & I’s “thing” (8.4.14: Doherty’s Cultural Cookbook, ’nuff said orrrr concert going – either one is fantastic).