I love easy, healthy salads in the summertime. I try to whip up salads from produce I usually have in my frig – I don’t need any fancy ingredient – just ones that are refreshing & will keep my energy up throughout the rest of the day. This was one of my favorites!
**I also absolutely LOVE my inspiralizer. It has allowed me to be so creative in the kitchen. I would highly recommend it to all of you!
Zucchini Salad w/ Cherry Tomatoes, Pesto, & Burrata Cheese
Gather the following ingredients:
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 c cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 c burrata cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine halved cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper & set aside – this will give those little redheads some good flavor.
- Wash and cut tops off of zucchini, [I also usually cut my zucchini in half to make it easier to ‘spiralize’]. ‘Spiralize’ zucchini halves using blade A. [If you don’t have the ability to make zucchini ribbons, you can cut your zucchini however you would prefer! Maybe zucchini chips?]
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini ribbon & cherry tomatoes. Add and mix in your pesto of choice. I put this in the frig to set a couple hours before Tony and I ate for lunch!
- Before serving, top with cut/torn apart burrata cheese.