My love for breakfast hasn’t disappeared since I’ve gotten older. Sunday mornings seem to trigger some sort of breakfast alarm. When I wake up, I instantly want to whip up something warm, tasty, and filling. Since this house is on a whole new health kick, I got adventurous this morning using some left over cooked quinoa. It was a good one!
Quinoa Banana Pancakes
Gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon course salt
- 1 large egg, plus one egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk (I used skim)
- 2 bananas, cut in slices**
**I used bananas, but any fruit would be delicious!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except your fruit of choice.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Drop batter by the heaping spoonfuls onto the heated pan. Cook until bubbles appear, (2-3 minutes). Flip cakes and do the same for the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from pan, top with banana slices & maple syrup (optional, Tony ate them without, I ate them with – both scrumptious!)