Today is my favorite day.
Thanksgiving brings my favorite food & favorite pastime – relaxing and spending time with family.
It is a holiday that celebrates togetherness & gratefulness. It always humbles me; it helps me realize how truly lucky I am. I am lucky to have a roof over my head, I am lucky to have food in my belly, & I am lucky to have people to love me.
Today, and everyday, I’m thankful…
- For Tony; as always, he’s my rock, my shoulder to cry on, & the person who keeps standing when I can’t.
- For my amazing support system; family, friends, co-workers… they give great advice, listen to me vent, & keep me sane.
- For my 5th graders; they teach me daily, how to laugh at myself, they teach me about compassion, & they teach me how important I am to each and every one of them.
- For Ace; who gives this Wanna-Be-Mama someone to smother, cover with kisses, & spoil.
- For my chemotherapy; even though me and that little pill have a love-hate relationship, it keeps me healthy & it destroys any cancer cell who tries to post up somewhere in my body.
Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving – eat Turkey, watch football, & soak up every last moment with those you love.